Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Activity

I'm getting lazy. Or I've been failing to take advantage of the snow. Or maybe I got lulled into a complacent laziness because of the late arrival of the snow. It seemed too late in the year to hike, but there wasn't any snow so I couldn't go snowshoeing or skiing.

But, we've had snow for in town for about a week now, and I do live right around the corner from Russian Jack...I have no excuse for not skiing a few K except laziness. And there has been enough snow in the mountains for snowshoeing for at least a month.

I've got to get outside. I'm feeling like I might start going a little stir crazy and lapse into bad habits (like leaving the TV on for 6 hours even though I'm not even actively watching it) to mask my stir craziness. It's sort of a cyclical thing too...when I don't get outside and be active, I tend to do fewer active things inside (like go to the gym) and it leads me to feeling lest motivated to do the sedentary things I have to do, like homework... I need to get on top of this now.

I was planning on swimming tonight, because it has become my Tuesday night habit...but I'm wondering if I should go skiing instead? Maybe I'll do both! That's probably overly ambitious though...

I have work but no school tomorrow. Maybe I'll swim tonight and ski tomorrow after work. Trav will still be sleeping then, so it's not like he'll mist me at all...

No comments: