Monday, April 7, 2008

Sometimes snow makes spring nicer...


I was walking home from the bus stop a few hours ago and found myself staring in awe at the mountains. That happens to me pretty frequently anyway, but the sun always helps. It's spring, so we're finally getting sun in spades again (I believe it isn't setting until somewhere around 9 now!)

But, I think the reason I found Arctic Valley so stunning today was not just the spring sun that was lighting everything up (including my attitude, who can help smiling when walking outside in this kind of light?) It was the snow coating the valley from this weekend's snowfall. With the sun shining on it, it looked warm and serene and beautiful. It looked like a precisely iced cake just like my mother used to make when I was a kid-- and like I've never been able to perfect.

The picture does it no justice. Especially with all that classic 80's style multi-family home architecture that lines my street. But take a gander anyway. You should smile.

No comments: