Wednesday, August 27, 2008

DNC

I was walking home from the grocery store listening to Joe Biden's speech a few minutes ago, and felt myself getting all giddy with excitement. Then he spoke the words that sent chills up my spine He touched on the hallmark of the Obama campaign-CHANGE- but he did so in a way that hearkened back to what this nation was founded on. "I watched how Barack touched people, how he inspired them. And I realized he had tapped into the oldest belief in America: We don't have to accept the situation we cannot bear; we have the power to change it..."

And now- the "surprise" guest comes out. Obama is on stage. Fantastic!

I can't wait until his speech tomorrow! There is going to be a big party down at the Performing Arts Center to watch it...and it's going to be fantastic! If you're not doing anything, find your way down to the Discovery Theatre at 5PM tomorrow to watch Barack Obama officially accept the nomination of the Democratic Party!

No comments: