Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thoughts on Zinjabeelah and Pensylvania.

Oh...

That is the sound a vast exhalation coming out of my mouth. I once again feel Zinjabeelah, I agree with everything she is saying. This was yet another time that I felt the need to refer any of my readers to her words.

So frequently she say the things I am thinking, but so much better than I am able. Today is no different. Until her very last line.

Clinton scares me too. I don't trust her. I recoil at the thought of her being the nominee, but I can't...I just can't give up the hope that she would at least be better than the alternative...

I'm scared at the backlash that might come of a failed Clinton presidency...the backlash against democrats...the backlash at the thought of having elected a woman and seeing her make a bigger mess of things, or failing to even begin to clean up the messes we're in...

Yet still, after having seen my voice so muted in the only two presidential elections I've thus far voted in...I can't stand the thought of just giving up my voice this time...even if I am once again just voting for the lesser of two evils.

I just don't know if I have reached a point where my protest can be no vote at all...Especially after all we've been through the last 8 years...

I'm so saddened and frightened by what a potential Clinton nomination might do to the democratic party and the democratic voice...SOMETHING has to change!

No comments: